Austria Officially Announced the Second Wave of COVID-19
Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz has officially announced the onset of the second wave of COVID-19 in the country, BGNES reported.
"What is happening now is the beginning of the second wave of the virus in the country. The number of new cases is increasing with each passing day, "said Kurz.
"Two weeks ago there were about 350 new cases a day, yesterday there were over 850. The situation is particularly dramatic in Vienna, where 50% of all new infections in Austria were recorded. We will soon reach the critical level of 1,000 cases a day, "the chancellor added.
Kurz called on the population to observe the rules of social distance and the mandatory wearing of masks. "We expect a difficult autumn and winter, so let's responsibly meet the challenges in the coming months with the same discipline and attention with which we met them in the spring," he added.
From September 14, Austria will tighten the rules for wearing medical masks, which will be mandatory indoors - in shops and public institutions. The number of participants in mass events will also be limited.
According to the latest data, there are a total of 33,159 cases of coronavirus in the country, of which 26,760 have recovered and 756 have died.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More than 3,500 Police Officers will provide Security in Athens during Pope Francis' Visit
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine