Council of Europe: Bulgarian Authorities to Punish Journalists' Attackers
Criticism and appeal from the Council of Europe. The reason - signals of violence against journalists during yesterday's protests. During the 56th day of demonstrations, reporters and cameramen were hit by teargas in clashes between protesters and police.
"I call on the Bulgarian authorities to effectively investigate every registered case of assault," said Dunja Mijatović, the commissioner for human rights.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Allocates Additional EUR 133,4 M for Bulgaria, Sweden to Mitigate Impact of Coronavirus Crisis
- » EU Green Deal May Help Bulgaria Overcome Demographic Crisis
- » Brussels Disappointed Bulgaria’s Top Prosecutor, Insists on His Accountability and Criminal Liability
- » Covid-19: 18 EU Countries Including Bulgaria Will Test European Certificate Travel System
- » Outgoing Prime Minister Borissov Taking Part in EU Porto Summit
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Alert European Institutions to Political Pressure over Independent Judiciary