President Radev To Bulgarian Deputies: Follow the Will of the People for Immediate Resignation
The new session of parliament opened with a speech by President Rumen Radev, in which he called on lawmakers to "follow the will and demands of Bulgarians for the immediate and unconditional resignation of the cabinet."
The deputies from the GERB Party left the plenary hall before the beginning of the address of President Rumen Radev to the people and the National Assembly.
In the deep institutional crisis, the National Assembly is the institution that should be responsible for the civil peace and the future of Bulgaria, said President Rumen Radev at the opening of the new session of parliament.
"After two months of relentless protests in the country and severe discrediting in the world media, I think that the diagnosis of such a government has been finally made. I expect the Bulgarian parliament not to change the agenda, that's what the society wants," the president said.
"As expressions of the will of the people, I urge you to follow the demands of the Bulgarians for the unconditional resignation of the government. We have no other way out of the crisis than the peaceful one," Radev concluded.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russian Ambassador to Bulgarian PM: The Word “Corruption” addressed to Putin is an Insult
- » The Metal Bars put at the Entrance of Bulgaria’s Parliament will be Removed
- » The Defense Ministers of Bulgaria and North Macedonia: We are Ready to Strengthen Cooperation
- » Bars were put at the Entrance to Bulgarian Parliament, "Vazrazhdane" demanded their removal
- » PM: Bulgaria must become a Portal for American Investments in Europe
- » Macron approves of France giving Bulgaria Temporary Fighter Jets until the New F-16s Arrive