Bulgaria's President Rumen Radev: There Is Only One Way Out - Resignation of the Government
Bulgaria’s President Rumen Radev on August 17 was in Varna, where at 19:00 he met with protesters.
"The Prime Minister obviously is not satisfied with how he has ruined the country for the past 10 years and wants us to give him the opportunity to ruin it more. He wants to take the whole country hostage to his own survival," the President said.
“The only answer to these aspirations is a firm refusal. You see what happens to people for 40 days. Bulgarians in many cities at home and abroad are demanding the government’s resignation. The biggest fear of this government is fair elections by machine voting. That is why this procrastination is, this is what this crisis is about, the head of state added.
There is only one way out of this crisis and it is the resignation of the government, so that we can get back on track with the rule of law and get out of this crisis, Radev added.
He also commented on the government's proposal to convene a Grand National Assembly:
There should be no comments on these proposals (about changes to the Constitution) made by a Prime Minister who killed parliamentarism. I call on all those who care about the future of Bulgaria not to fall into Borissov's trap. Do not get involved in discussing this "premature", called a draft for a new Constitution. I will by no means table my proposal to this Parliament. Borissov's aim is not a rational new Constitution. His aim is to make us forget corruption, lawlessness and our demands for his resignation.
The way out of such a crisis of confidence is not the Grand National Assembly, but resignation - immediate and unconditional, said Rumen Radev./BNT
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Higher Maternity Benefits don't Solve Demographic Crisis
- » LIVE: Bulgarian Government Presents Support Measures to Help Businesses and Consumers to Cope with High Energy Prices
- » BulgarianFolk-Pop Diva Set to Run for President on November14
- » Serbian Arrmy on High Alert over Kosovo Border Tension
- » President Radev Throws down Gauntlet to Borissov: Run for President, Show Courage
- » Bulgarians Should Brace for Hard Winter Crisis Similar to Winter of 1997