Bulgaria's Education Minister Valchev: This School Year Will be Difficult for Everyone, Especially for First Graders
All European countries will start the school year in person. Next year will be difficult for all of us. But we must find the formula - to be careful, but also to live normally. This was commented by the Minister of Education Krassimir Valchev on the morning program of Nova TV. He acknowledged that it would be most difficult for first-graders to acquire basic skills.
For the next school year, the ministry has focused on the strategy of switching - when there are sick children, the class or school will immediately switch to the option of learning in an electronic environment.
Minister Valchev commented that in one class there is no way to separate the children and make them wear masks all day, but the classes can be divided.
"If a child is ill or the health of a large group of children is endangered, we used to go on a flu vacation. It was a waste of time. In 30 days there will be an opportunity for training in an electronic environment ", explained the Minister.
Children with chronic problems will study at home.
"Children who have a compromised immune system, if the child is sick, study at home with the class, and this will require the support of teachers. With changes in the law, this form will become very flexible and convenient for children. Let a distinction be made between distance learning and that in an electronic environment - in such an environment the child is present in the classroom through an electronic device ", explained the Minister./Nova TV
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today begins the New School Year for Bulgarian Students: Over 57,000 First-Graders Enter the Classrooms
- » Bulgaria: As of October 1, Students' Notes for Medical Excuse become Electronic
- » Bulgaria: 2000 Children from Ukraine will study in Schools and Kindergartens in Varna region
- » Bulgaria: Teacher Salaries will be Increased by 15%
- » A Moscow-Sponsored School in Bulgaria is Closing its Doors
- » The American Council for International Education - Bulgaria is looking for Host Families for Students from the USA