Protests in Bulgaria: Maritsa Highway Was Blocked
Protesters blocked the Maritsa highway in the area of the road junction for the village of Kapitan Andreevo, Nova TV reported. The action was not made public in advance, although police had similar information.
In the evening, dozens of police cars were stationed on the road between Haskovo and Dimitrovgrad. There were also patrols at the entrances and exits of the highway.
After stopping traffic on the Maritsa highway, protesters began setting up tents. Columns of cars formed.
Demonstrators are demanding the resignation of the government and the chief prosecutor.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians, Don't Be Idiots of Europe - Angel Kunchev
- » Italy first in EU Makes Green Pass Mandatory for All Workers
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 1,724 Newly Infected, 67 Fatalities
- » Serbia Launches New Holiday, Raises Concerns across Balkans
- » Bulgarian Schools Have New Mission - Save Future of School Dropouts from Poverty
- » Start of School Year in Bulgaria