Another Nursing Home in Bulgaria with a Positive Coronavirus Case Among the Staff
A case of Covid-19 has been identified among the staff at the Home for the Elderly in Dobrich and measures are being taken to reorganize the activity, recommending that the residents to be fed in their rooms, said at a press conference the director of the Regional Health Inspectorate / RHI / Dr. Svetla Angelova. According to her, tests have been performed on some of the elderly people, among whom there are no complaints so far.
Among the five outbreaks of the disease in Dobrich is a manufacturing plant in which more than 50 percent of the staff are positive for coronavirus, said Dr. Angelova. She clarified that the management of the company has decided to temporarily close it. Kindergarten 24 was also closed in the district town after an established case of coronavirus by an employee.
The director of RHI commented that the epidemic situation in the resorts on the Dobrudzha Black Sea coast is calm. Dr. Angelova added that the virus is already spreading rapidly and calls for masks to be worn even outside if more than five people gather.
The Municipality of Dobrich and the two diagnostic and consulting centers will look for opportunities to open a laboratory for Covid-19, the mayor of Dobrich Yordan Yordanov announced at the press conference. He said the municipality was also preparing a letter to the new health minister to brief him on the situation at the hospital, which no longer has an infectious disease ward. / dariknews.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU to Buy 200 Million Doses of the Potential COVID-19 Vaccine From Johnson & Johnson
- » New Study Suggests That Almost Two Thirds of the Bulgarians Are Smokers
- » Greek Scientists Expect Second Wave as Coronavirus Cases Spike Among Younger Generation
- » The Details Known About the Russian Vaccine "Sputnik V"
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 171 Newly Registered Cases, 13 893 Total
- » Bulgarian Health Minister With Details About the Outbreak of COVID-19 in Pazardzhik