Protests in Bulgaria, Day 22: The Blockades of Key Intersections in Sofia Continue, Traffic is Difficult
Anti-government protests continue. The blockades of key intersections in Sofia continue. The municipality is negotiating with the protesters to unblock the traffic on Orlov Most
Traffic in the center is difficult. Public transport runs on a changed route.
Last night, protesters gathered in the triangle of power, where one of the tent camps is located. The demonstrators threw eggs and tomatoes at the Council of Ministers, and around 9 pm they started the traditional procession, their final destination being the Eagle Bridge.
There, protesters merged with the other tent camp. They then split into groups and closed other key intersections.
The tents in front of the Council of Ministers and on Orlov Most remained overnight. The people's request is that they will not retire until they receive the desired resignations.
Municipal officials are trying to persuade Orlov Most protesters to allow public transport.
"We are trying to talk to them and we hope they will understand," officials said.
The protesters' demands remain the same. "As soon as our demands for resignation are met, we are ready to release the movement," protesters said./Nova Tv
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 195 Newly Registered Cases in 5837 PCR Tests
- » Plane Crashes While Landing in Kerala, India
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergancy Declared in Harmanli, Haskovo, Dimitrovgrad and Topolovgrad, Part of Maritsa Motorway is Closed
- » Ophthalmologist from Bulgaria Has Been Nominated for the Most Beloved Doctor in Austria
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects