Another President Positive for the Coronavirus - the President of Belarus is Asymptomatic
The president of Belarus, who has previously dismissed concerns about coronavirus, says he has tested positive for Covid-19 and is asymptomatic.
Alexander Lukashenko made the announcement at a meeting with security officials, the state news agency Belta reported.
He had previously referred to concerns about coronavirus as "psychosis".
He said: “Today you are meeting with a person who managed to survive the coronavirus on his feet. Doctors made such a conclusion yesterday: asymptomatic.”
Belarus took no comprehensive measures against coronavirus such as lockdowns or ordering social distancing.
The country has about 67,000 confirmed cases of infection and 543 reported deaths. / standard.co.uk
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 154 New Cases, 10 Death
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 174 Newly Registered Cases, 4410 Active Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 155 Newly Registered Cases, 18 216 Total
- » Over 300 Volunteers Get Russian COVID-19 Vaccine
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 143 Newly Registered Cases, 163 Cured
- » Chinese Virologist: Coronavirus Was Made in Wuhan Lab