Bulgaria: 48 Settlements Without Water, 28 Cows Die After Drinking Water from Maritsa's River
The water supply for local people using water from the Maritsa was disrupted Monday after 28 cows died mysteriously by the riverside. It is believed that the cows drank poisoned water.
Ecology inspectors have taken samples from the water source and from the dead animals.
A local official announced earlier on Tuesday that the river water at the town of Dimitrovgrad is clear and meets the ecological norms. The rest of analytical results are expected at the end of the day.
Health minister Kostadin Angelov have suggested that there was an industrial accident which became the reason for thе closure of 30 wells along the river. The mayor of Dimitrovgrad also suspects an industrial polution.
Water supply has been disrupted for tens of localities in the region of Dimitrovgrad, Simeonovgrad, Harmanli, Ljubimets and Svilengrad.
Experts of the national Food Control Agency organise the transportation of the dead cows to an incinerator.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny but Chilly with Max Temp Between 10°-15°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max Temp Between 9°-14°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Some Rain and Sun Afterwards can be Expected with Max Temp 11°-16°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Scattered Clouds and Max Temp Between 18°-23°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max Temp Between 17°-22°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Max Temp Between 16°-21°C