Protests in Bulgaria: Fifth Day in a Row Bulgarians Demand on the Government and Prosecutor's Resignation
For the fifth day in a row, an anti-government protest took place on the streets of Sofia. Protesters are demanding the resignation of Borissov's cabinet and Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev.
The meeting point was again Independence Square. This time, however, there was no procession, and the protest lasted until midnight, in front of the government building. According to the Ministry of Interior, another day of protests has passed without escalating tensions.
In addition to the capital, there were protests in ten other Bulgarian cities. Peaceful marches passed through Varna and Ruse. In Gabrovo, people gathered on Vazrazhdane Square, and a protest in Haskovo united the people in the city center.
In Shumen, the demonstration was in front of the building of the District Administration, after which people marched through the central streets.
There will be protests tonight as well.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet