An Earthquake in Istanbul
A 3.8 magnitude earthquake was registered in the Black Sea near Istanbul, Turkish private television NTV reported.
According to data from the Disaster and Emergency Management Directorate, the quake struck at 2:56 this night, 18 km away from the Istanbul municipality of Arnavutköy.
The earthquake, which was about 7 km deep, was felt in many areas of the metropolis.
According to the Istanbul Kandilli Seismological Observatory, the magnitude of the quake was 4.1.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Antarctic Expedition Reached Livingston Island
- » Bulgaria’s Suffocating Cities: Ten Major Urban Areas Report Serious Air Pollution Problems
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergency in Rhodopean Village over Manganese in Drinking Water
- » Israel Struggles with Massive Tar Slick, Beaches Contaminated, Closed
- » China Ramps up Efforts for Weather Control, Neighbors Worry
- » Mostly Sunny Weather in Bulgaria Today