The State of Emergency in Italy is Extended until 3 May
Italy's Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced on Friday that the government is extending the state of emergency and state-imposed blockade to May 3 to limit the spread of the coronavirus, although some stores may be reopened from April 14.
"This is a difficult but necessary decision that I take full political responsibility for," he said. He said restrictive measures are working and opening the country early is risky.
The restrictions on the movement and closure of most shops and businesses in Italy were imposed on March 9th and were due to end on Monday (April 13th).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 588 of the Invasion of Ukraine: A Large Part of Russia's Black Sea Fleet has left Sevastopol
- » Italy: At least 21 Dead after a Bus carrying Tourists fell off an overpass in Venice
- » The US House of Representatives removed Kevin McCarthy as Speaker
- » Poland and the Czech Republic introduce Checks on the Slovak Border
- » The European Commission expects Harmful Emissions in the EU to be Reduced by at least 90% by 2040
- » Day 587 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Prigozhin’s Son takes control of Wagner