Afghanistan Releases 100 Taliban Prisoners from Jail
The Afghan government announced today that it has released 100 Taliban prisoners from jail, France Press reported. This happens a day after the rebels announced that they were suspending the peace talks with Kabul about exchanging prisoners, according to them.
"One hundred Taliban prisoners will be released today," said Javid Faisal, spokesman for Afghanistan's Office of the National Security Council.
"We are doing our part in the agreement. The peace process should move forward."
Faisal said the 15 commanders were not among those being released, and additional prisoners would be freed "depending on what the Taliban do", Al Jazeera reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Plans to Create New Body to Fight Future Pandemics and Health Crises
- » Putin in Self-isolation after Covid Cases in His Inner Circle
- » US See No Other Option but Western Balkans as Part of Europe
- » Brazil Suspends Millions of Doses from Chinese Vaccine
- » Lithuania Stopped over 2000 Illegal Immigrants Entering EU on It's Border with Belarus
- » President Biden Declares US "Nation building" Politics Is Over