53% Drop in Passengers at Sofia Airport
There is a 53% decline in the passengers at Sofia Airport and the reason is the spread of the COVID-19 virus, which led to the cancellation of a large part of the flights.
In March last year, the passengers who passed through Sofia Airport were about 572,000. However, in March 2020 they are almost 270 000.
Following the upward trend since the beginning of the year, the situation is completely different now. In March, the number of departures and landings in Sofia is 31% lower than in March 2019.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tourists from Romania 46.7 Percent of All EU Visitors to Bulgaria
- » Tourism Industry Fears Decline in Number of Tourists in August
- » New Rules for Travel by Ferry to the Greek Islands
- » FROM JULY 1: New Rules for Entering Bulgaria, Full List of Color Zones
- » Russia Resumes its Regular Flights to Bulgaria
- » Bulgarians Welcome in Greece with Negative Rapid Antigen Covid Test