America Gives Ukraine $ 1.2 Million to Fight the Coronavirus
USAID will give Ukraine $ 1.2 million to combat the coronavirus spread, the agency's office in Ukraine quoted TASS as saying.
"With the funding just announced, USAID will help Ukraine strengthen its mechanisms of treatment interventions to minimize the risk of further transmission of the virus, to prevent and limit the number of infections in health facilities, to prepare the laboratory network for large-scale COVID-19 testing. It will also provide conducting of media campaigns to inform Ukrainians on how to prevent the spread of the virus,” the message reads.
“We stand by Ukraine in these extremely difficult times. With this support package, we aim at saving lives and strengthening societal resilience. We support the Ukrainian response to a spike in health and social assistance needs as well as the protection of businesses and jobs. We know we need to act quickly and efficiently in reinforcing government and civic action,” Commissioner for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Olivér Várhelyi said.
To date, 549 cases have been registered in Ukraine, 13 people have died and 9 have recovered. The country is under quarantine, which began on March 17 and will continue until April 24.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Germany Expanded the List of High-Risk Destinations for COVID-19
- » Czech Government Declares a State of Emergency Due to COVID-19
- » 2,300 Armenian Soldiers Killed, Wounded in Clashes, Claims Azerbaijani Defence Ministry
- » Trump Calls NYT Report on Tax Avoidance 'Fake News'
- » Global COVID-19 Deaths Surpass 990,000
- » France Is Tightening Measures Against COVID-19, Devided Into Zones