6,000 sq m of Low Forest Vegetation Burned Down near Skala Village
A wildfire in a deciduous forest near Skala village broke out on 29 March at about 3:30 pm; the fire was caused by human negligence, said the Silistra Directorate of the Ministry of the Interior, quoted by Focus News Agency.
The flames spread and destroyed about 6,000 square metres of low forest vegetation, but the forest was rescued after firefighters of the local Fire Safty and Civil Protection in Dulovo extinguished the fire.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Google Earth Now Shows Long-term Effect of Climate Change - Timelapse New Feature
- » 5 Places in Bulgaria Even Locals Should Visit Again
- » Bulgaria: Throwaway Plasticware Banned in Burgas
- » Bulgaria: Environment Row Erupts over Sozopol Beach
- » NASA's Ingenuity Helicopter Prepares for First Flight on Mars
- » Pandemic’s Another Face – Disposable Masks Spark Surge in Global Ocean Pollution