Code Orange Warning for High Winds and Rough Seas
A Code Orange warning for high winds and rough seas has been issued for three coastal regions, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology (NIMH) said on its website. The warning is in place for the coasts of Burgas, Varna and Dobrich regions.
Winds at 14 - 19 m/s (7 - 8 Beaufort) are expected, with gusts of 20 - 24 m/s (9 Beaufort). The state of sea will be around code 4 - 5.
The orange code means that the weather is dangerous. Weather forecasters warn of strong winds, high tide and big waves. NIMH noted that this could lead to local flooding and significant damage to coastal infrastructure (dunes, dikes and ports). People are advised to avoid travelling and staying in the endangered coastal areas.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Code Orange Warning of Strong Winds and Rough Seas in Place for Burgas Region, Code Yellow for Varna and Dobrich
- » Weather Forecast: Sunny and Warm
- » Weather Forecast: Windy with Maximum Temperatures between 10C and 15C
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny
- » Code Yellow Warning for Hazardous Weather in 4 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Broken Clouds with Maximum Temperatures between 4C and 9C