25 Million People will Lose their Jobs because of the COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic will dramatically increase global unemployment. Approximately 25 million people to lose their jobs, the United Nations said.
"The economic and labour crisis created by the COVID-19 pandemic could increase global unemployment by almost 25 million", says a new study by the International Labor Organization.
"However, if we see an internationally coordinated policy response, as happened in the global financial crisis of 2008/9, then the impact on global unemployment could be significantly lower.", the report said.
Workers worldwide will lose up to $ 3.4 billion in revenue this year alone.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Over 80% Drop in Restaurant Turnover after Introduction of the "Green Certificate"
- » In September, the Growth of Foreign Tourists in Bulgaria was Nearly 40% for the Year
- » Are Employers in Bulgaria Required to Pay COVID Tests for their Employees?
- » Jeff Bezos wants to Build a Private Space Station
- » The US Considers Inclusion of Four Countries, Including Bulgaria, in the Visa-Free Travel Program
- » EU Council: The European Union Must Use Nuclear Power to Ensure its Energy Independence