France is Quarantined: Macron Suspended Pension Reform and Delayed Second Round of ElectionsCOVID-
France will be quarantined by noon on Tuesday, French President Emmanuel Macron said in a statement to the nation broadcast by the Elysee Palace.
All residents are ordered to stay home and will only be able to leave their homes for substantial reasons. People's movement will be very restricted, Macron said.
"We are at war," the French president repeatedly said. Macron announced a number of measures that put France in a martial law to combat the virus.
Here are the main ones: All people's movements will be banned from noon Tuesday for 15 days. Citizens should stay home. Penalties will be imposed for those who violate the rules.
The army will help transport patients to hospitals. Borders remain closed according to an agreement with other EU countries.
The second round of local elections is postponed. All reforms, including the pension reform, are temporarily postponed.
No business, no matter the size, will be left to fail.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Declares Plan to Cut Dependency on China
- » British Ships Will Patrol Sea Around Jersey after Post-Brexit Tensions Between UK and France
- » EU Preparing ‘rapid’ Assistance to COVID-struggling India
- » EU Is About to Sign Record Deal with Pfizer for Vaccines
- » Italy: Former Interior Minister Salvini to Stand Trial Over Migrant Crysis in 2019
- » UK Moves to Delay Border Control with EU until January 1st 2022