Iran Releases more than 54,000 Prisoners to Combat the Spread of the new COVID-19
Iran has temporarily released more than 54,000 prisoners in an attempt to combat the spread of new coronavirus infection in crowded prisons, the BBC reported.
Judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Esmaili told reporters that the inmates were granted furlough after testing negative for Covid-19 and posting bail.
"Security prisoners" sentenced to more than five years will not be let out.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Health Minister Has Final Say on AstraZeneca Vaccine
- » Additional Vaccine Doses Arrived in Bulgaria
- » Half of US Adults Have Received at Least One Vaccine Jab
- » Bulgaria: National Coronavirus Task Force Will Resume Work
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 418 Newly Infected, 57 Fatalities
- » Around Easter We Could See Peak of New Cases Claims Bulgarian Professor