A Bus Fell off a Bridge in India, 24 People Died
India registers more than 150,000 road deaths each year due to poorly maintained vehicles and reckless driving.
A private bus, carrying a wedding party fell into a river in the western Indian state of Rajasthan, killing 24 passengers, police said.
The driver lost control while a 28-passenger bus crossed the bridge, AFP reported.
Villagers and rescuers are trying to get the bodies out of the river.
Last month, 26 people died when a bus collided with a rickshaw in western India.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians Can Enter the UK Without Visa for 6 Months From 2021
- » COVID-19 Deaths in Romania Reached 10,000
- » Macron Calls for Distributing First COVID-19 Vaccine Doses to Low-Income Countries
- » UK Public Debt Record High Above 100% of GDP
- » Complains Rise in Sweden as COVID-19 Cases Spike
- » Turkey Aggressively Raises Main Interest Rate to 15 Percent