Bobov Dol TPP Executive Director Charged with Mismanagement of Hazardous Waste
The executive director of Bobov Dol Thermal Power Plant (TPP) has been charged with mismanagement of hazardous waste, said the Appellate Prosecutor's Office – Sofia, quoted by Focus News Agency.
On 16 January 2020, Dupnitsa District Prosecutor's Office received a tip-off alleging illegal waste incineration at the Bobov Dol TPP. The plant's facilities and storage sites were inspected. Pre-trial proceedings were instituted for a crime under Art. 353c, para. 1 of the Criminal Code.
In the course of the investigation, witnesses were questioned and the environmental parameters were measured by the mobile laboratories of the Ministry of Environment and Water.
The investigation found enough evidence to press charges against the executive director. He was released on bail set at BGN 30,000.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov Insists Minister of Health to Be More Clearer About Wearing Masks Outdoor
- » Bulgaria's President Rument Radev PCR Test is Negative
- » PR Leaders Hill Knowlton Strategies and M3 Communications Group Inc Celebrate 20 Years of Partnership
- » Ukraine's Naftogaz Supports Expansion of US Sanctions Against Nord Stream 2 Gas Pipeline
- » Education Minister of Bulgaria: No Masks in the Classrooms, Schools Will Close If 20% of Students Are Sick
- » Bulgaria: Second University Goes To Remote Learning