Container with Ionising Radiation above the Norm Identified at Varna Port
A container with ionising radiation above the norm was identified at the port of Varna-West. Border Police and the Regional Health Inspectorate in Varna have been notified of the case, BNT reported.
There is no danger to the workers at the port.
The container full of scrap is placed on a special site.
Port authorities have said that two or three times a year, slight radiation from scrap containers happens to be detected. In such cases, a special procedure is triggered, the load is isolated on a special site and a specialised container handling company is called.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » General Director of Bulgarian National Radio Resigns, Claims His Opinion Is Manipulated and Falsified
- » Study: Mild, Asymptomatic COVID-19 Patients May Not Be Infectious for More Than 10 Days
- » 104 Days of Anti-Government Protests in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Rise of Daily Cases to 1336
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Masks Made Mandatory Outdoors From Thursday
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov: Doctors Are People’s Greatest Support at the Moment