EC lStarts Negotiations with Japan on the Exchange of Passenger Data
The EU Council announced that it supported the start of negotiations between the European Commission and Japan to conclude an agreement on the transfer and use of air travel reservation data.
Passenger data is personal information provided voluntarily and collected and stored by air carriers. This information includes the passenger's name, travel dates, routes, information about seats on the plane, luggage, contact with the passenger and how they paid for the ticket.
In the EU, the transmission and processing of this data serve to combat terrorism and serious crime. The EU has agreements to share such data with the US and Australia and is finalizing the agreement with Canada.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » Day 128 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Casualties in Odessa after Rocket Attack
- » Henry Kissinger: There are Three Possible Ways Out of the War in Ukraine
- » The Czech EU Presidency: Rethink, Rebuild, Repower
- » The Hypocrisy of the EU on Ukraine
- » Macron: I am Convinced that We Found a Compromise Solution for Bulgaria and N Macedonia