The First Section of the New Metro Line Starts Operating in May
The ride from Krasno Selo to Patriarch Evtimiy Blvd will take 5-6 minutes. This was announced on Facebook by Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
"In May we plan to put the first 5 km with 5 metro stations from the third line (from" Krasno selo "to Odeon cinema) into explotation, in the summer - 3 kilometers from Eagle Bridge to" Blvd. And after them -
The second phase, which includes the Eagles Bridge stations, Behind the Canal Theater and the first one of Vladimir Vazov Blvd, will be completed three months later.
The four kilometers through Ovcha Kupel will be ready later, Fandakova explained.
"For this first phase of the third line - 12 kilometers of subway, with a new metro depot and 20 new metro trains, we provided EUR 390 million of European Union grants and EUR 105 million from the budget of Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 59 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Cloudy but Warm Weather Today in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: A Woman Died in an Accident at the Brikеl TPP
- » Bulgaria: A Sticker shows Permanently Low Food Prices in Stores across the Country
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 139 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Cloudy and Rainy Weather in Bulgaria Today