The UAE will Launch its First Nuclear Power Plant soon
The United Arab Emirates said on Monday that it had licensed a reactor at its nuclear power plant in Barakah, the first in the Arab world, and that it would start operating in the "near future".
The national nuclear regulator "has approved the issuance" of the operating license for the first of the four reactors at the plant, Hamad al-Kaabi, a UAE spokesman for the International Atomic Energy Agency, told a news conference.
The Barakah nuclear power plant is the United Arab Emirates's first nuclear power station, the first nuclear power station in the Arabian Peninsula, and the first commercial nuclear power station in the Arab World. It is still under construction.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 647 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Israel-Hamas Conflict Threatens to Overshadow the War
- » Schengen Decision for Bulgaria: Awaited Call Delayed Again
- » After the 7-Day Ceasefire: Second Day of Fighting in Gaza
- » Bulgarian and Romanian MEPs Protest Against Schengen Veto in Vienna
- » Day 646 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky Calls For Rapid Construction of Fortifications in Key Areas
- » Serbia Bolsters Border Security, Plans Increased Police Presence along Bulgaria Border