Record Wind Gusts of 255 km/h Hit Iceland
Hurricane winds of 255 km/h have been recorded by weather stations in Iceland.
The weather station Hafnarfjall reported an incredible wind gusts of 255.6 km/h (= 71 m/s = 159 mph) this morning, 11 GMT. Hafnarfjall is located around 40 km north of the capital Reykjavik
Warnings for possible interruptions to ferry lines and power outages have been issued in the UK
There is also a chance for flooding due to the heavy rains.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Global Ice Sheet Melting Much Faster Than in 1990
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Dangerously Strong Wind, Snow is Coming
- » 7.3 Magnitude Quake hits South Shetland Islands
- » Bulgaria: Ministry of Environment Slaps Stiff Fines on Polluting Mayors
- » Bulgaria: Nevestino Villagers Start Strouma River Cleanup on Their Own
- » Three Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria Tonight