Eurostat: Which EU Countries have the Highest Marriage Rates?
In 2018, the European Union (EU) countries with the highest number of marriages relative to the population were Cyprus (7.8 marriages per 1 000 inhabitants), Romania (7.4), Lithuania (7.0) and Latvia (6.8). These were followed by Malta (5.8), Slovakia (5.7) and Denmark (5.6), Eurostat reported.
In contrast, the lowest marriage rates were around 3 marriages per 1 000 inhabitants, which were reported in Luxembourg (3.1), Italy (3.2) and Portugal (3.4), followed by Spain, France (2017 data) and Slovenia (all 3.5).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Day 79 Passed Without Escalation of Tension
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 255 Newly Registered Cases, 19828 Total
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain and Thunderstorms Over the Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 290 Newly Registered Cases, 6 Death
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 78: Procession to the Headquarters of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms
- » Russia Will Supply Bulgaria With a Drug Against COVID-19