Chinese Doctors have Found a Way to Treat Coronavirus-Infected People
China's technique for plasma transfusion from cured coronavirus to infected patients has proven to be effective, Xinhua News Agency reported, citing local doctors.
The effectiveness of the new treatment was announced at a press conference by the Wuhan hospital manager.
China National Biotec Group said it has collected plasma from some recovered patients to prepare therapeutic products including convalescent plasma and immune globulin.
In late December, Chinese authorities reported an outbreak of pneumonia of unknown origin in Wuhan, Hubei Province. The cause of the disease was a new type of coronavirus, which was named COVID-2019 by the World Health Organization (WHO).
As of February 13, there are 59,493 confirmed cases reported in China, and 1,353 people have died.
- » Two Bulgarians under Surveillance for Coronavirus
- » MMA: The Students who Returned from China aren’t Infected with Coronavirus
- » Is the Ukrainian Citizen who was Hospitalized in Stara Zagora Infected with the Coronavirus?
- » Ukrainian Citizen is Hospitalized in Stara Zagora because of Suspected Coronavirus Infection
- » First Victim of the Coronavirus in Europe
- » European Commission: 99% of the Coronavirus Carriers are in China