US Senate Approves Resolution Limiting Trump's Military Authority against Iran
The US Senate approved a resolution restricting US President Donald Trump's powers to conduct military operations with Iran, RIA Novosti reported. 55 senators voted in favor of this resolution and 45 opposed.
Earlier, the US House of Representatives passed a similar resolution, which is not legally binding. The Senate bill differs in structure and text. His fate is unlikely to succeed because Trump has no intention of endorsing it. US President Donald Trump called on the Senate not to adopt a resolution against the war with Iran, noting that now is “not the time to show weakness.”
The document was presented by Democrat Tim Kaine. The text of the resolution obliges Trump to end all hostilities against Iran within 30 days.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Over 150 Arrested in London Amid Anti-Lockdown Protests
- » India's COVID-19 Tally Crosses 9.3 Million
- » COVID-19 Cases in Germany Surpasses 1 Million
- » Germany Prolongs Coronavirus Restrictions until December 20
- » UК Government Writes To Brits Living In Europe To Prepare For The End of Transition Period
- » Russia Claims Its Ship 'threatened to ram' US Ship in Sea of Japan