Unusual Cold Weather in Turkey: Temperatures Dropped to - 40C
Turkey's eastern provinces are struggling with record colds. In some places, temperatures dropped to minus 40 degrees Celsius and snowstorms hindered the search for 13 migrants who disappeared in the Van City area, Sabah newspaper reported.
Eastern Turkey is usually the coldest part of the country in winter, but even for these areas, the reported values are unusually low.
Experts warn that Arctic colds and the deep snow can prevent some animals from finding food.
In Ağrı, Turkish Red Crescent workers left a ton of food for wild animals in rural areas. In the countryside where snow depth reached one meter on higher ground, volunteers scattered grain and vegetables in places near the remote villages where wild animals are known to be roaming. "We are members of a religion based on compassion. We have to do this," Orhan Tatlı, head of Red Crescent's local branch, told Anadolu Agency (AA). "The winter has been harsh for the last one week and animals can barely find food," he said, noting that bad weather that almost continue for six months in a year posed a challenge for animals, Daily Sabah reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Some Rain and Sun Afterwards can be Expected with Max Temp 11°-16°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Scattered Clouds and Max Temp Between 18°-23°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max Temp Between 17°-22°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Max Temp Between 16°-21°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Few Clouds and Mostly Sunny Today with Max Temp 15°-20°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: A Decrease of Clouds and Rain with Max Temp Between 13°-18°C