A Code Yellow Warning for Snow, Ice and Wind Issued for 9 Bulgarian Regions
A Code Yellow warning for snow, ice and wind has been issued for 9 Bulgarian regions on 6 February, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology (NIMH) said on its website. The warning ice and wind is in place for the regions of Ruse, Targovishte, Razgrad, Shumen, Varna, Dobrich, Burgas, Silistra and Sliven. These areas will see snow and strong mostly north winds today, blizzards expected, too. In the afternoon, the conditions are expected to ease up.
A Code Orange warning for high winds and rough sea has been issued for Dobrich, Varna and Burgas. Meteorologists have forecast winds at a speed of 20-24 m/s (9 Beaufort), with gusts of 25-30 m/sec (10-11 in Beaufort). Sea state code: 4-5.
Map Source: NIMH
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather Today: Rain Showers over Eastern Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Light Rain in Some Places Today
- » Scientists: Last Summer was the Hottest in Europe
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Light Rains in the South and Maximum Temperatures between 20° and 25°C
- » Windy and Cloudy Tuesday in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy with Variable Clouds Today