Turkey Warns Europe of a New Wave of Refugees
Europe may face a new wave of refugees if it does not pay heed to Turkey's warnings on the situation in the Syrian province of Idlib, said Justice and Development Party (AKP) spokesman Ömer Çelik.
"If Turkey's warnings are not taken into consideration, we warn everyone that a refugee exodus will affect Europe to a large extent,”" said Çelik, quoted by the Anadolu Agency.
Eight Turkish military personnel were killed in Idlib Monday by Russian-backed Syrian government forces in what was seen as the biggest challenge to a 2018 de-escalation deal.
Attacks by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad have forced some 40,000 civilians to flee their homes in Idlib in recent days.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Putin: Nazi Germany Wanted to Exterminate and Enslave Soviet People
- » Slovenian FM Sides with Skopje against Bulgaria, Requesting EU "action" for Western Balkans Enlargement
- » EU Council of Foreign Ministers Agrees New Sanctions on Lukashenko
- » Discover: Northern Areas of Pakistan – a Heaven on Earth
- » UK Reports over 11,000 COVID-19 Cases in 24 hrs, First Time in four Months
- » New York Celebrates End of Covid Restrictions with Fireworks