BNR: Investments in Bulgarian Gaming Industry on the Rise
Bulgaria is not only a place for outsourcing services in the gaming industry as it was 10 years ago, but it is also establishing itself as a place of creation of new products, BNR reported.
Over 1000 mostly young people are already employed in the sector and world-renowned companies have set up studios in Bulgaria. This country is trying to overtake Romania, which is the Balkan leader in entertainment electronic games. Over 2/3 of Bulgarian gaming business is concentrated in Sofia.
In Europe the gaming industry reaches averagely 5% of the economy of big cities, but in the Bulgarian capital city it is 8%. For the period from 2008 to 2015 the growth of the branch in Sofia is 123%. In Europe alone, the game industry's turnover is around € 20 billion a year, with a global turnover of € 90 billion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ex-Finance Minister: If Bulgaria enters the Eurozone Tomorrow, People's Assets will Increase by 30%
- » Moody's confirmed the Credit Rating of Bulgaria and Predicts Postponement of the Euro
- » TPP ContourGlobal Maritsa 3 produced over 12% of the Electricity in Bulgaria in 2022
- » Bulgarian Financier: Adoption of the Euro will Not Raise Prices
- » Bulgaria allowed the Export to Ukraine of Petroleum Products obtained from Russian Crude Oil
- » Bulgargaz offers a Gas Price of BGN 124.35/MWh for February