Bangkok Stopped Construction Activities for 3 Days because of the Poor Air Quality
Construction activities at major infrastructure sites in Bangkok have been halted due to air pollution, according to the Nation newspaper.
Construction of skyscrapers, new road junctions and new subway lines has been halted for 72 hours, the release said.
Air pollution levels in the Thai capital exceeded health-safe limits once again on Monday. In many areas of Bangkok this morning, pollution levels exceeded 70 micrograms per cubic meter of air.
Bangkok's major air pollutants are construction sites, diesel cars and city buses with old engines.
City officials say construction work will be resumed in three days if the air quality improves. Otherwise, the construction ban will be extended.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 221 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians withdraw from Lyman, Zelensky vows for more Recaptured Territories
- » Day 220 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West Reacts to Putin’s Speech and his Nuclear Threats
- » China's Yuan sinks to record Low against Dollar ahead of key National Congress
- » 19 Killed in Anti-Government Protests in Iran
- » US: Death Toll reaches 21 in Florida as Hurricane Ian hits South Carolina
- » Kyiv's response to Putin: Ukraine quickly Enters NATO