About 3,500 People were Evacuated in Venice because of a World War II Bomb
The Marghera Industrial Port in Venice's lagoon was evacuated as a 225 kg World War II-era bomb was defused and set to be exploded in the sea., the French press and DPA reported.
Some 3500 people living in the area were also evacuated.
The movement of ships, trains and buses was temporarily halted, and Venice International Airport stopped all flights for several hours.
The bomb was discovered during an excavation to fix sewer lines in January, The Local it reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US General: Sweden and Finland do Not Need more US Forces
- » Israel will Not Give Missiles to Ukraine despite US Pressure
- » Day 93 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 1,500 Killed in Sievierodonetsk
- » China and Russia have Vetoed new UN Sanctions against North Korea
- » Boris Johnson with a Secret Plan for a New Alliance as a Balance Against the EU
- » Ukraine received a Dozen Soviet Su-25s in Spare Parts – Did Bulgaria send them?