37 People have been Sentenced to Death for Terrorism in Egypt
An Egyptian court has sentenced 37 people to death convicted of terrorism today, Reuters reported.
One of them is a former officer of the Egyptian security force named Hisham al-Ashmawy, who was captured in the Libyan city of Derna at the end of 2018. He was transferred last May to Egyptian authorities by Libyan commander Khalifa Haftar.
Al-Ashmawyi's crimes include planning an attack near the border with Libya in 2014, killing 22 soldiers and attempting to kill a former interior minister in 2013. Al-Ashmawyi was the leader of the Egyptian militant group Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis based on the Sinai Peninsula.
It pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group in 2014, according to a statement from the Egyptian army.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Google will Delete the Location of Women who visited Abortion Clinics in the US
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » Day 128 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Casualties in Odessa after Rocket Attack
- » Henry Kissinger: There are Three Possible Ways Out of the War in Ukraine
- » The Czech EU Presidency: Rethink, Rebuild, Repower
- » The Hypocrisy of the EU on Ukraine