Minister Goranov: BGN-EUR Exchange Rate Won't Change
After consultations with the political forces in parliament, Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov stated that until its entry into the Eurozone Bulgaria will not change the exchange rate of the Bulgarian Lev which is now pegged to the Euro at EUR 1 to BGN 1.95583, BNR reported.
Minister Goranov made this statement with regard to the fears that during the country’s time within the ERM II this fixed exchange rate could be altered. Bulgarian National Bank governor Dimitar Radev commented that, after his meetings with the individual parliamentary groups, he is optimistic that Bulgaria will enter the currency mechanism, and the Eurozone, with the exchange rate currently in place.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » BNB: Assets of Investment Funds in Bulgaria Show Growth in End September
- » NSSI: Average Social Security Income in Bulgaria Increases to BGN 1,081
- » Covid Crisis Prospects: Bankruptcies in Bulgaria Up by 21% in 2021
- » Bulgarian Business Received over BGN 400 Million as Pandemic Support from Economy Ministry
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Provides Additional BGN 80 Million for First-Line Medics
- » Jeff Bezos Announces USD 791 Million in Grants to 16 Groups Fighting Climate Change