5.9 Magnitude Еarthquake Registered off the Greek Island of Karpathos
Another strong earthquake was just recorded off the Greek island of Karpathos in the southern Aegean Sea, Kathimerini reports.
According to the information, the 5.9 magnitude quake was felt at 1:21 pm local time. Its epicentre is 74 kilometers southeast of Karpathos and at a depth of 10 kilometers, according to Euro-Mediterranean Seismological Center data.
This is the second strong earthquake in the area for the day. At 3.28 am, a 5.1 magnitude earthquake on the Richter scale was registered, followed by several aftershocks.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Finally Warming Up
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy and a bit Warmer Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Today is the Coldest Day of the Month
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cold and Windy with Max. Temperatures between Minus 5°C and 0°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and Cold with Max. Temperatures between Minus 3°C and 2°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Clouds and Snow with Max. Temperatures between 3°C and 2°C