First Cases of Coronavirus Infection in India and the Philippines
India and the Philippines announced the first cases of infection with the new coronavirus, world agencies reported.
A student returning from Wuhan has been admitted for treatment in India. He was isolated in a hospital in Kerala. In the Philippines, a 38-year-old Chinese woman who arrived from Wuhan also gave a positive test for the presence of the new coronavirus and is now in a government hospital.
14 passengers from Wuhan were barred from entering Malaysia on January 28th. The decision was made under the provisions of the Ministry of Health not to jeopardize the population.
A few days ago, Malaysian authorities also decided to suspend the issuance of visas to China nationals living in the Hubei province of China. There are 8 confirmed cases of the infection in Malaysia - all of the infected people are Chinese from Wuhan.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19: Serbia Closes Shops, Bars and Restaurants After Sharp Increase of Cases
- » India Tightens Up its Border Patrols to Stop Arrivals from Myanmar
- » Myanmar Sees Deadliest Day of Protests with 38 People Killed
- » Italy Blocks Australian Shipment of 250,000 AstraZeneca Coronavirus Vaccines
- » US Capitol police Warn of Possible Plot to Breach Congress
- » New Zealand Shaken by Powerful Earthquake - Tsunami Alert Stated