Hundreds of Kilograms Toxic Waste Found in Lukovit
Hundreds of pounds of hazardous waste were discovered a week ago near Lukovit. Municipality officials have detected a truck with a registration in Veliko Tarnovo to dispose of liquids and rubbish of unclear origin. The police and prosecutor's office intervened after a signal.
According to a prosecutor's decree, the waste - liquids of unclear origin, which emit an awful odor, were detained at the Lukovit landfill.
"The waste was seized by the prosecution." explained Lukovit Mayor Ivan Grancharov.
The waste is found to be dangerous and toxic. After that signal, the prosecutor's office, the police intervened. "Criminal proceedings are underway,” the mayor said.
The truck was caught on camera. The video footage clearly shows the truck's registration number.
Police are already working on the case. More information is expected later today.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 208 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Fog in the Plains, daytime Temperatures up to 12 degrees
- » Bulgaria: Book Fair in Sofia
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 295 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Cloudy and Foggy Weather in Bulgaria today
- » Bulgarians celebrate Saint Nicholas Day