Greek Authorities to Raise Pensions after Years of Cutbacks
A new bill submitted to parliament in January envisages new increase in pensions for pensioners in Greece.
Pension increases will range from 3% to 10% and affect pensioners who have more than 30 years of insurance coverage. The supplementary pensions for the freelancers and farmers will also increase by up to 48%.
The new social security reform should increase all pensions, which have been reduced to 1300 euros. The average increase will be with about of 99.5 euros.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Gambling Industry: Prospects and Future Trends
- » Bulgaria: From July 1, the Minimum Pension becomes BGN 467 (EUR 240)
- » The Committee on Budgets Decided: 0% VAT on Bread in Bulgaria
- » Inflation in the EU is 8.8%, in Bulgaria - 13.4%
- » Bulgaria: Annual Inflation for May jumped 15%
- » Markets Jumped the Gun, expecting to Hawkish Fed tomorrow