Carlos Ghosn: Nissan Loses $ 40 Million Every Day since my Arrest
Fugitive car mogul Carlos Ghosn vowed to clear his name in his first public appearance after leaving Japan illegally.
"I'm here to clear my name," he said at a news conference in Beirut, where he arrived nearly two weeks ago. He fled Japan, where he is facing trial for financial misconduct.
"The allegations against me are unfounded," Gon said, quoted by AFP. Gon says he faces a five-year sentence in Japan and that he was no longer willing to be "held hostage by a rigged Japanese justice system".
"I have not fled justice -- I have escaped injustice and political persecution," Ghosn said in a statement on December 31.
In a statement, he said Nissan was losing $ 40 million a day after his arrest in 2018.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » IEA: Gas Consumption will Shrink because of Russia
- » Bulgaria: The Profit of Turkish Stream is BGN 83.5 million (EUR 42.7)
- » In the first Six Months of 2022, St. Nikola Wind Farm Generates 22% more Wind Power y/y
- » Inflation in Turkey Rises to 23-year High of nearly 79% in June
- » Bulgaria: One of our Reactors is expected to use a different Nuclear Fuel than the Russian one
- » Bulgaria: Petrol and Diesel Prices are still Rising