2019 - The Second Warmest Year ever Recorded
2019 is the second warmest year ever recorded, the Copernicus Climate Change Service (C3S) has announced, quoted by France Press. This was also the warmest decade.
2019 was only 0.04 degrees Celsius colder from 2016, the warmest year ever since the El Nino phenomenon. According to NASA data, in 2016 El Nino's extreme intensity has increased global temperatures by 0.2 degrees Celsius.
The last five years are the warmest.
In 2019 the temperature exceeded the average values for the period 1981 - 2010 by 0.6 degrees Celsius.
The service confirmed that carbon dioxide concentrations in the atmosphere continued to increase in 2019.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Temperatures are Dropping, Dangerous Weather in half of Bulgaria
- » At least 3,000 Dead Dolphins in the Black Sea – Military Sonars Blind them
- » EU to Ban the Sale of Petrol and Diesel Cars by 2035
- » Storm in Sofia, Underpasses Flooded
- » The Astronomical Summer begins Today
- » Bulgaria: The Most Polluting Cars Out of the Center of Sofia during Winter