The Smoke from the Fires in Australia Reached Chile and Argentina
Forecasters have detected particulate matter in the air in South America.
The smoke from the fires in Australia reached Chile and Argentina.
The presence of smoke should not cause any serious effects in the South American nation, since it rarely rains in that area.
Atmospheric currents carried fragments across the Pacific Ocean 12,000 kilometers from the raging fires.
The clouds rise 6,000 meters above the sea level and there is no meteorological reason for them to descend to Earth.
The only consequence so far, Amador said, is a reduction in the ultraviolet radiation reaching the ground because of the "cap" that these kind of clouds form over the land, the Australian Associated Press reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Code Yellow for Strong Winds in 10 Regions Today: Temperatures Drop to Minus 15° in the Coming Days
- » Light Precipitation in Western Bulgaria, Strong Wind in 18 Regions
- » From February 5: Arctic Cold sets in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: The Roads in the Areas of Sofia have been Treated against Icing
- » February in Bulgaria: From -12 to +20 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Two weeks of Winter with Snow and up to Minus 10 Degrees in some places