The US Urges its Citizens in Iraq to Leave the Country Immediately
This happened hours after the assassination of Iranian General Qasem Soleimani.
The United States called on its citizens in Iraq to leave the country immediately. It happened hours after the assassination of Iranian General Qasem Soleimani in a US missile strike in Baghdad, BTA reported.
The US Embassy in Baghdad has called on 'US citizens should depart via airline while possible, and failing that, to other countries via land.'
The State Department added: 'Due to Iranian-backed militia attacks at the US Embassy compound, all consular operations are suspended. US citizens should not approach the Embassy.'
Iraq's main border points lead to Iran, war-torn Syria, Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » PM of India Launches Vaccination Drive Against COVID-19
- » COVID-19: Entry into US Will Require PCR Test
- » Iran Bans U.S., U.K. Covid-19 Vaccines
- » World Reaction after Trump Supporters Storming U.S. Capitol, Trying to Stop Election
- » Four People Dead after Trump Supporters Stormed The Capitol Building
- » Norway: Rescue Operations Continue in Search of People after the Landslide