New Zealand's Glaciers Turned Yellow
The Fox and Franz Josef glaciers in New Zealand turned yellow literally. This is shown by pictures published in New Zealand media.
The reason is the devastating bushfire smoke and ash in Australia. New South Wales and Franz Josef glaciers are more than 2,000 kilometers apart, CNN reported.
Environmentalists fear that fire and smoke in Australia will cause glaciers to melt faster.
More pix pic.twitter.com/PjDL9vZJT5— Fabulousmonster (@Rachelhatesit) January 2, 2020
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Light Precipitation in Western Bulgaria, Strong Wind in 18 Regions
- » From February 5: Arctic Cold sets in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: The Roads in the Areas of Sofia have been Treated against Icing
- » February in Bulgaria: From -12 to +20 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Two weeks of Winter with Snow and up to Minus 10 Degrees in some places
- » Bulgaria: 118 Snow Plows Work the Roads in Sofia