Tourists Died in a Minibus Crash in Mexico
At least 11 people were killed and seven were injured on Sunday when a passenger car and a minibus carrying tourists collided on a highway in southern Chiapas, Mexico, local authorities said.
"11 people were killed and 7 others were injured," the prosecutor's office said, adding that an investigation into the cause of the accident had begun.
According to local authorities, the victims include tourists traveling by minibus to San Cristóbal de las Casas, one of the most visited cities in Chiapas.
During the Christmas and New Year holidays, traffic on Mexico's roads is more intensive and incidents occur more frequently.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Germany: Day after Huge Explosion in Leverkusen, 2 Dead, 4 Missing and Many Injured
- » Covid-19 Quarantine in Sydney Has Been Extended with 1 Month
- » European Commission: 70% of EU Citizens Vaccinated
- » Passports for Pubs, Mandatory Shots: Europe Ramps Up Covid Fight
- » Philippines to Impose Travel Ban on Malaysia, Thailand to Prevent Delta Variant
- » France Introduces New Measures: Covid Passport to enter Cinemas, Museums, Matches