New Platform Shows Real-Time Air Pollution in Sofia
The cleanliness of the air will be able to be tracked completely online in real time. The metropolitan municipality presented its own monitoring system. It started operating today. The aim is to be a natural extension of the systems of citizens' initiatives for air pollution.
All this information will be collected in an application that is currently available only online. A mobile application is also being developed.
"It takes four seasons for us to evaluate the equivalence of the data we have collected and, respectively, to become part of the decision-making system of the Sofia Municipality," said Yoana Hristova, Deputy Mayor of Environment in The metropolitan municipality.
"Each of these stations gives information about different parameters - fine particulates, nitrogen dioxide, ozone, carbon monoxide and sulfur dioxide ”explained Miroslav Gechev, a representative of the contractor.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Droughts alone could cost 1% of GDP in Central Eastern Europe in Coming Years
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Rain in 10 Provinces, Strong Wind in 5
- » Yellow and Orange Wind Codes in almost all of Bulgaria
- » Owner of Patagonia Donated All Profits to Save the Planet
- » Yellow Code for Strong Winds in 12 Regions of Bulgaria for September 12
- » More than 3000 Lightnings fell in an hour in Bulgaria - Stara Zagora and Karlovo are Flooded